Landscaping and gardening services can help you to plan and prepare your own organic vegetable garden. An herb and vegetable garden can provide you with delicious fresh produce for your table for years to come. This will help you to live a healthier life, eliminate harmful pesticides from your diet, and save more money.
Imagine having your kitchen stocked with onions, sweet corn, sweet peppers, and other tasty foods grown right at your own home. These Thanksgiving side dishes utilize the most nutritious ingredients and are easy to prepare. You are bound to please and impress your guests with these winning dishes which include green beans, fresh corn, and roasted beets.
Green Bean and Salad
Go tropical this Thanksgiving with a green bean salad, featuring mouth-watering beans from your garden. You will need to start the process of preparing this fabulous green beans side dish from the night before. This dish is really easy to make. It will only take you a few minutes to clean up the green beans and steam them. Using tinned pineapple helps you to save time but if you wish, you can always substitute fresh pineapple instead.
1 pound cleaned green beans
1 tin of pineapple wedges with juice
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon lime juice
1. Steam the green beans for around 4 or 5 minutes, adding salt and a little butter to taste.
2. Pour off the pineapple juice from the tin.
3. Marinate your green beans in the pineapple juice overnight.
4. Toss your green beans with the pineapple wedges, sugar, and lime juice.
5. Serve at room temperature with the rest of your meal.
Scalloped Corn With Grilled Jalapenos
This dish will delight guests who aren’t too fond of meat. Fresh corn from your backyard goes well with the smoky flavor of Chipotle chili peppers. Roasting the corn before using it in the dish makes every bite an even bigger treat.
2 cups crushed saltine crackers
1 cup roasted corn kernels
1 cup cream corn
1 medium onion
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Chipotle chili peppers
3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
5 tablespoons coconut oil
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
1. Finely chop the onion.
2. Saute the chopped onion in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet until it’s tender.
3. Add the roasted corn kernels, cream corn, cayenne pepper, a little smoked paprika, milk, a cup of crushed crackers and eggs to the skillet.
4. Stir in shredded cheddar.
5. Spoon the mixture into a greased casserole dish.
6. Saute 1 cup of crushed crackers in 2 tablespoons coconut oil and a little butter until they turn light brown.Sprinkle it on top of the corn mixture.
7. Saute the breadcrumbs in a little butter and 2 tablespoons coconut oil until they turn brown, adding salt and smoked paprika to taste.
8. Spread the crispy, chewy breadcrumbs across the top of your scalloped corn dish.
9. Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Roasted Beet and Arugula Salad
Roasting roots really bring out their sweetness. Beet root is no exception to this rule and you’ll find that both kids and adults appreciate the natural flavor of this vegetable. Beets are ready to be harvested from your garden when the shoulders can be seen above the soil. You may eat the leaves raw or include them cooked in a Thanksgiving dish. Smaller beets tend to have more flavor than larger ones, which are sometimes more fibrous. Landscaping and gardening services can give advice on how to rotate beets with other crops so that you improve soil fertility and get the best tasting beets.
1 pound beet root, peeled and sliced
1 bunch arugula
1 large avocado
Salted, roasted pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Marinate sliced beets overnight in a blend of cumin, orange juice and garlic.
2. Roast the beet root in your oven until the slices caramelize.
3. Toss the arugula with roasted olive oil, pumpkin seeds, black pepper, salt and lime juice.
4. Add slices of roasted beet root and avocado.
Gardening will beautify your landscape and help to improve the variety of vegetables found in Washington. Providers of landscaping and gardening services can help you with seasonal maintenance of your garden. Whether you want to start your own organic garden or need help with pest control, they can provide timely advice so your plants flourish in any setting that you choose.